MPP GROUP LTD (“MyPrivateProxy.net”) knows that you care how your information is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
1. General. We will not monitor, edit, or disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Service, including its contents, without your prior permission unless we have reason to believe that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(b) protect and defend the rights or property of MyPrivateProxy.net;
(c) enforce the Agreement;
(d) to protect the interests of our other customers.
You agree that we may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or in order to respond to service or technical issues.
2. Information we may collect from you. We may collect and process the following data about you:
(a) On registration:
When you register we may collect your name, username, email address, password (encrypted) and IP address. We may collect your name to personalize the services we offer to you, and collect your username and password (encrypted) in order to provide you with access to our member area and to our downloadable proxy list. We collect your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive email newsletters. Your IP address is logged by us so that we can prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our website and services. From time to time we may email you news, updates and sales offers which you can easily opt out of receiving by clicking the “unsubscribe” in the relevant email.
(b) On request for payment details:
If you opt to pay for use of our services, we will use a third party payment processor to take payment from you. These third parties are properly regulated and authorized to handle your payment information and are prohibited from using your personal data for promotional purposes or for any other purposes other than providing these services to us.
We collect payment information, which will vary depending on the payment method chosen by you, but may include your name, address and transaction #. We also collect geo-IP data to determine your country of origin. We never handle or store complete credit card numbers, as this is done on our behalf by our payment processors. If you are a business user, you may choose to provide additional details, such as your company name, address and VAT number (if applicable).
We store this information as we require a record of your payment for accounting, taxation and invoicing purposes and to manage your account. We may also use your payment information to detect and prevent fraud.
(c) If you contact us:
If you contact us through our website for any reason we will generally store these communications and your IP address for up to 6 months, unless we are required, for legal reasons or under exceptional circumstances, to retain this information for an extended period.
(d) If you use our proxy service:
We do not store details of, or monitor, the websites you connect to when using our proxy service. We only collect aggregated statistical (non-personal) data about the usage of our servers.
We need this data so we can monitor the performance and usage of our Proxy Service, resource analytics (to carry out usage analysis for administrative purposes) and to prevent abuse and fraud.
This data is stored on our system for between 2 and 3 months unless we are required, for legal reasons or under exceptional circumstances (including our own investigations of fraud or abuse), to retain this data for an extended period.
(a) What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed and stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are very useful and enable an internet site to recognize you, log when you visit a particular page, provide a secure connection to a website and enhance your user experience by improving your browsing comfort, and/ or adapting the content of a page to your areas of interest.
The information stored by the cookies on your computer, during a limited period of validity, may relate to the particular web pages you have visited on that computer, advertisements you have clicked on, the type of browser you use, and the information you have provided to a website (the use of the cookie meaning that you avoid having to provide the information again). This information is sometimes linked to your IP address.
(b) Types of cookies used by MPP
(I) Cookies intended to collect website statistics. In order to customize our website MyPrivateProxy.net to the requirements of our users, we measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, the activity of the users on the MyPrivateProxy.net and how often they return. These cookies enable traffic analysis statistics to be compiled. From this analysis, the contents of the website can be developed and improved to enhance user experience.
(II) Login cookies. We use these cookies so you remain logged in when you are using your account.
(III) User-centric security cookies. To detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
(IV) Affiliate cookies. These cookies allow us to identify if you have been referred to us by an affiliate, so we can pay commission to that affiliate.
(V) Google Analytics cookies. Types of cookies used: _utma (unique visitor cookie) ; _utmb (session cookie) ; _utmc (session cookie) ; _utmz (campaign cookie).
(VI) Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. The purpose of this cookie is to re-target a customer with an ad through the GDN (Google Display Network) by placing a cookie on his computer. It is a way to follow-up with people that has already visit our website before. For more information please visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409?hl=en
We offer the following opt-outs:
Google Analytics Opt-out: You can prevent Google’s collection and use of the Google Analytics Data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The cookies that we use do not store any personal or confidential information about you. Disabling these cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website efficiently.
4. Intelligent Caching. MPP uses extensive caching technology to cache frequently requested Web content. Caching mechanisms are used to serve web pages directly from the MPP local storage as a means to make web performance faster and more efficient. We do not cache or locally store any end-to-end web content transfers, like e-commerce transactions, via the Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
5. Sharing. It is our policy not to share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communication with you.
We may share aggregate demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information and cannot identify any individual person.
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or MPP property;
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
- in connection with a sale of all or part of our business.
6. Links. This web site may contains links to other sites. Please be aware that MPP is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information for their protection. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the MPP web site.
7. Newsletter. If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us.
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to stop receiving our email newsletter. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
8. Security. We are committed to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have incorporated physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our website.
Last updated: May 16, 2017